What makes my Bird Photography Location Guides unique?
- free guide updates - every time I release a new version of a guide you purchased, you are welcome to request the newest update for free. If you happen to loose the original download, you will receive a free download. No need to pay the fee again. Free updates for life!
- free, one year, access to the Location Updates site. With help of the password protected site, you will stay updated on the situation at that specific location for the full season. First season of updates is included for free with the purchase of a guide. If you find it helpful, you will have an option of purchasing next season’s access for a small fee. Depending on the location, updates are provided weekly (Red-tailed Hawk nest, Nickerson Beach, Jamaica Bay) biweekly (Heron Rookery). During peak season, you can expect more frequent updates. For example, I was posting Nickerson Beach updates on average every 5 days in the Summer 2018, with some weeks having updates every other day.
- my guides are written for all photographers. No matter if you are a beginner or an expert. Provided information will help you all to get the most out of that specific location. Some of the tips in my eBooks can be “reused” in other locations as well.
- my guides, and location updates, will keep you informed on the current happenings at that specific location and will help you to plan your visit in the best time for the specific species/behavior, making your very first visit a success. This information alone, will save you a lot of time and money
- guides are downloadable in PDF form and are easily read on any computer and/or mobile device, so you can access the information not only at home but also in the field
- my guides are short and I get right to the point. No stories, no dozens of bird photographs just to up the number of pages. I realize that it is the information on that specific location that counts the most. Not the large number of pages filled with bird photographs. Also, the smaller in size the ebook is, the easier it is to download it, save and use on a smartphone
- I provide a map on where exactly position yourself to get the best shots during the sunrise and/or sunset hours to get the most pleasing photographs
- I try my best to provide enough information to get the most out of the specific location. Even for beginners! If needed, feel free to send me an email and I’ll do my best to provide more detailed information
You can see an example of what kind of information is included in my guides, and updates, by visiting my free guide to Nickerson Beach, here
How my guides differ from the more expensive workshops?
- First, the low price. Even my most expensive guide costs less than just 1 hour of the photography workshops available in NJ/NY area. Despite the low cost, my guides provide most (and sometimes even more) of the information on that specific location than these workshops. For a fraction of the cost of one day workshop you are getting enough information to make your trip successful on the very first visit. This helps you to save money and time
- You don’t have to rely on someone else’s schedule that is often planned many months ahead and may fall outside the peak of the action. As the dates are set, and cannot be rescheduled, very often these workshops end up being conducted in an unfavorable weather. With the help of my guides, you will be able to plan your visit on the day that suits your schedule best and you won’t be forced to photograph in the foul weather in fear of loosing a deposit for a workshop. Yes, most of the workshops require a non-refundable deposit to secure the spot
- You are free to walk around, without being “attached” to the group of people. You can arrive and leave whenever you want without the fear that you will miss important information when you are not with the workshop instructor
What you will not find in my guides?
- my guides are written solely with photography in mind. These are not (birding) field guides filled with bird information.
- my location guides take into the consideration that you are familiar with your camera equipment and that you know the technical basics of your camera and photography e.g., how to set the exposure correctly, how to get sharp photographs of birds in-flight etc. I hope to have this kind of information available, for free, on my blog soon. In the meantime, if you need one-on-one help with your camera equipment, in NJ/NY area, it might not be a bad idea to take an online photography class or a local workshop. If needed, I can recommend one. Just keep in mind that the cost will be much higher. Average cost of a workshop is +$80 per hour with minimum of 3 hours required
Completing the purchase
After making a payment, you will receive an email with a link to download the guide. Stay assured, all payment transactions are secure and the details (address, credit card information) are not shared with me. Payments can be made with any type of debit/credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express etc.
Where the money goes to?
To be fully transparent, I want to share with you, where the money goes to. Proceeds from the sales of my guides cover the time (research, tolls, time spent in the field) and multi-year experience that went into the research and creation of the guides/updates for that specific location. Most importantly, the large portion of the proceeds, goes towards my annual donation to The Raptor Trust, the wild bird rehabilitation center located in the Millington, New Jersey (http://theraptortrust.org)
What are you getting?
Information packed, eBook style, guide and access to the location updates page, helping you with finding and photographing birds at that specific location.